Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life is a maze, and love is a riddle

A few songs have had be pretty obsessed for the past few days.
I'm really hoping I don't overplay them and get sick of them.
Because I immensely enjoy them. And I hate when songs are overplayed.
It just ruins the original magic of it. I guess that's the bummer
that sometimes comes with a great song. Anyways. You should
check them out, if you don't know them, because they are pretty
dang fantastic. Here we go.


1. The Show by Lenka

I'd never heard this girl before a few days ago. She's kind of like,
Regina Spektor with a cool accent. This song really describes me,
in a way. It's upbeat and the video's fun and perky, but the
lyrics are meaningful. There's also 'dum-dee-dum's' at the end,
which automatically makes any song good.


"I'm just a little bit
caught in the middle

Life is a maze
and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go
I can't do it alone
(I've tried)
and I don't know why
I am just a little girl
lost in the moment
I'm so scared
but don't show it
I can't figure it out
it's bringing me down
I know
I've got to let it go
and just enjoy the show"

I love that. Sometimes, it's important to just let it go,
whatever it may be,
and enjoy what you have and what's around you.
I think I need to realize
that more often.

2. Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman

Ah. This song. It's just, beautiful. I don't really
listen to him all that
often, but. This song. It's just.Amazing.
There aren't really words to
describe how much I love it.
And the story behind it is just heart wrenching,
and it really makes you appreciate what you have,
before it's gone.

"Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, 'Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing.
Oh, please, Daddy, please?'

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone."

Really.

3. Boats and Birds by Gregory & The Hawk

This girls voice is incredible. And yet, there's really nothing
incredibly incredible about it.It's just so..fragile.
So vulnerable. So ordinary,
and yet so perfect. It almost puts you to sleep.
It's actually on my sleeping
playlist. So. It's basically a lullaby.
This song is just lovely.

"If you'll be my boat
I'll be your sea
A depth of pure blue just to probe curiosity
Ebbing and flowing and pushed by a breeze
I live to make you free"

------


So yes. You should go look up those songs. It would make me glad,
and hopefully you too.

Let it go, enjoy the show.

Dance with your Cinderella before she's gone.

If you'll be my boat, I'll be your sea.


:)

------

In other news, Switchfoot in five days! And in six days! :]



No comments: