Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wake Up, You're Alive

Have you ever had one of those moments? Those "Holy crap. I'm alive. How cool is that?" moments? I don't know about you, but I tend to get those a lot. It's mostly when I'm complaining about something or ranting about stupid things that don't really matter. It's just something I do. I complain about petty things that aren't worth complaining about, like sitting in a fake SAT this morning for five hours. Then I realize how fortunate I am to have an education like that, or legs that can move and a working heart for the matter. I think it's God reminding me how amazing it is to simply just, be alive. Also, I always find myself asking for more things, more stuff. Isn't just being alive ENOUGH? Society keeps telling us that these material things are more important than anything, and to fill our lives with them. Why do we beg for all this when we've been promised something so much better? Well, heh. Maybe I'm the only one that ever has those kind of moments, or maybe not. Maybe that didn't make sense to anybody, maybe it did. I don't really care., to tell you the truth. It's my blog. I do what i want. :]

I hope you have a wonderful day, or night. Or the time in between those two.

In other news: Viva La Vida.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah... i get those moments, too... :) so i know where you're coming from


what does viva la vida mean? *looks up* ohh. i live the life.

interesting. :)

natalie said...

I get those moments. But sometimes, I'm aware of how annoying I'm being, complaining and such, but I still can't stop, which just makes me angry lol. But that's just sometimes.

I love the alive moments though. But I guess, who wouldn't?